This dairy in northern England powers itself and the local community with cheese biogas.
That’s right, they take the waste water and the whey, feed it to microbes, who in turn, convert it to methane, which is used to provide gas for cooking and heat to about 1,600 local homes and businesses. Pretty awesome. I wonder if they can figure out how to use the massive amounts of methane produced by the cows (major source of greenhouse gas, by the way), and convert that too. I also wonder if the whole town smells like somebody cooking a giant grilled cheese sandwich.
Location and Hours
728 Montana Avenue
Santa Monica, CA 90403 (Google Map)
Monday - Friday
11:00 AM-7:00 PM
Saturday 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sunday 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM
The ACS Blog
Let everyone know about it by leaving us a review on Yelp!
- New Item: Antipasto Platter
- ***SPECIAL*** March 10th Andrew’s Outside the Box Grilled Cheese and Beverage Pairing
- March 17th Cheese 101 Course!
- March 24th Grilled Cheese & Beer Night!
- March 31st Grilled Cheese & Beer Night!